Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finish This: Week Eight

Linking up with Jen at The Arizona Russums, Becky at The Java Mama, Nicole at Three 31, and Lisa at COASTLINED.


Five Things I Know For Sure:

1. No matter the question or problem, Jesus is the answer and the solution. There is nothing He can't handle, which is great because there are lots of things I can't handle. Trusting Him is always worth it.

2. Speaking of Jesus, I'm sure that He invented massages. They are divine. That's all I have to say 'bout that.

3. Ten will always be my favorite Doctor. Nine and Eleven were awesome, and I have high hopes for Twelve, but there's no one like Ten. {If you're a Whovian, you can read my farewell and Samara's tribute to Ten.}

4. Surprises are awesome. As I alluded to last week, I went down to Kentucky to surprise my bosom friend as an early birthday present. If you can believe it, I kept my big mouth {both my physical mouth and my blogging/social media mouth} shut and she was totally surprised! Post forthcoming on this, never fear.

5. I'm not afraid to speak up if I see something wrong. Yesterday on the plane home, there were two guys behind me talking loudly about their workout plans, their life goals, their travels, their wives, their favorite colors, their childhood fears, what they wanted to be when they grew up, what shaving cream they used, and on and on and on... I'm notevenjoking. It was horrendous.

After about 45 minutes of this {I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they might shut the heck up quiet down after we took off}, I asked the gal next to me if these guys were, in fact, really loud. She confirmed my suspicions, and so I turned around and gave them my best "I'm smiling to be polite, not because I like you in any way, shape, or form" smile and said "Would you gentlemen mind lowering your voices, please?" They said "sure," and seriously not 5 minutes later they had ceased. all. their. talking. It was the best.

There you have it: five things I know for sure! Come back next week for some new prompts.

4 comments:

  1. Good job on getting the guys in the seat behind you to quiet down! A smile always is the best way to handle a difficult situation. Here is another truism, You get further with sugar than vinegar (or something like that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I like the sugar and vinegar line... I'll have to remember that when I really don't want to smile :-p
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG. I can totally see/hear you saying that to the dudes on the plane. And now I'm inspired to speak up. Well, you're always my all-around outgoing, people-person, talkative inspiration. andiloveyousomuch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're inspired! Haha, I'm glad to be your inspiration and iloveyousomuchtoo :)

      Delete