Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 Days of Writing: Day Ten "In Progress"

Are you working on any writing projects? Refine and share a few ideas from that! {If not, sketch out some ideas for an upcoming project.}

Just as Victoria felt the need to clarify fact or fiction in this post, I must do the same. This is Bek here; no imaginary characters today.

To answer the prompt, no, currently I'm not working on any writing project. This blog is about as writer-esque as I get. But I think that's changing.



My sister is going to school right now to become a writer. She has started so many stories, both in her head and on paper, that I can't understand how she keeps track of them. She's brilliant, of course, and knows that God has called her to write. She may start with editing and/or publishing, because she's great at that too, and because it provides a more regular income at first, but eventually she will publish her own creations.

I've never imagined myself as a writer. Good with words? Yes. Strong voice in writing? Yes. Good story-teller? Sure. But writer? Writer-downer of those stories or ideas? That would be the afore-mentioned sister's department, thanks. I'll proof it for ya, though!

But I think that's changing.

When I was 11 or 12, I wrote my first full, finished story. I have it in a box somewhere, 5 double-sided pages of handwritten scrawl. I can't even remember the main character's name, but the story is complete.

Yesterday, my mom and I were talking about a new writers' group that's starting up at church. My mom gave me some feedback and vision, if you will, regarding my future and writing. Or more accurately, my future in writing. My writing future.

I'm not ready to share all of this yet {sorry, Victoria!}. This is where Bek turns into an introvert and needs to process things before she shares them. I may have to attend the writing group before I feel free to share more, and since that meets in another week, we'll just have to wait and see.


**linking up with Victoria. Join us!**

3 comments: