Saturday, October 19, 2013

31 Days of Writing: Day Nineteen "Writers Are Readers"

Writers are first great readers. Share an excellent piece of writing that you've read recently.

There are so many great pieces I could share with you! Specific blog posts come to mind, recent novels beg for attention, and of course Victor Hugo smirks at me in my mind. Nothing competes with Victor Hugo.

So maybe instead I'll give you a handful of my current favorites. If it doesn't fit with the prompt, then I guess you're at the wrong blog, because we roll with flexibility up in he-ah. And so commences the list of faves.

  • Jen Hatmaker's recent post makes me go hmmmm. I love how honest and cut-the-crap she is.
  • If you want excellent writing and absolutely no life whatsoever, by all means start this trilogy by Neal Shusterman. The first book is called Unwind and let's just say it will suck you into its world and you will not get out. The second book is UnWholly and the third is UnSouled. I finished the second book at 11:30 last night...an hour after I told myself I was going to bed. Yep. That good.
  • I'll finish with a classic: Anne Shirley. I'm currently re-reading Anne of Windy Poplars and I just love Maud's style! Here are a few wonderful quotes from our beloved Anne:
"The Woman told her that Tomorrow never comes, but Elizabeth knows better. It will come sometime. Some beautiful morning she will just wake up and find it is Tomorrow. Not Today but Tomorrow. And then things will happen...wonderful things."

"One can always find something lovely to look at or listen to," said Anne.

"I hate to lend a book I love...it never seems quite the same when it comes back to me."


**linking up with Victoria.**

No comments:

Post a Comment