Sunday, June 10, 2012

in my head, this sounds like that dog from “Up”

In my head, I thought “ok, you readers!” and then that dog-voice from “Up” came into my head and said “stop, you dogs!” and then I lost all semblance of an intelligent post.

Dang.

Well, let’s try and regain some sense of dignity. I've been back home for a week; it is high time I have some summer goals. Ready? Go.

Goal #1. Learn to play the dulcimer. Oh yeah! It’s official-well, actually, it’s officially public. That secret project I was working on last semester? It was a dulcimer, a surprise for mi padre. And it is finished and home and beautiful. Dad loves it, and he’s so proud. At our family party yesterday, he kept showing it off and telling people the stories {that I told him} of how I made different parts. It warmed my heart to see him so excited over it, just like I knew he would be. And now I have to learn to play that bad boy!

Goal # 2. Make a college scrapbook. I've got little mementos in my room; now it is time to consolidate them and make a book of my journey. It shouldn't take too long, and it will be fun! Hopefully…

Goal #3. Finish The Hunchback of Notre Dame. If I’m going to be in the Paris airport in September {and I am!!!!!} then I better freaking have read the book! Only 250 more pages!

That’s all I've got for now… Any ideas or suggestions? I will take book ideas, always. There are always more books to be read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment