Friday, June 22, 2012

Funny Friday

Ok, in light of yesterday’s post about Wat Bot, I want to expound a bit. I drink water… not a whole lot of pop or tea or coffee. Yes, it’s true. I made it through college without drinking coffee.

My family, however, drinks coffee likes it’s going out of style. Seriously. The kitchen counter has an espresso maker and my parents have a French press. Now, I think Mom and Dad are ok with my sisters drinking coffee because it means they know how to operate these contraptions, and can therefore make coffee for my parents. Smart, I know.

But since I don’t drink coffee, I don’t know how to make it. Alas.

So my dad and I were the only ones home the other day, and my dad started to make himself an espresso.
He said, as if checking his facts, so you don’t drink coffee, huh.

No, Dad, it just doesn't flip my wig.


You know, I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 23 {my current age}. He goes on to tell me how he would make coffee for his customers and then he started drinking it just because it was warm and he “acquired” a taste for it.

After finishing this little trip back in time, Dad looks at me and says, so feel free to start any day.

Thanks, Pop, I’ll get right on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment