Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Finish This

Jen is such a gift! Right when I'm thinking "I should blog but I forget how," she posts this lovely little link-up that has the prompts. All I have to do is finish the story. Pressure = gone.

I first felt like a grown up when I got my first job that was not babysitting. The summer before my senior year of high school, I applied to work in a Christian bookstore, and while on a youth retreat, I got a phone call from them. I was hired! Such a cool feeling.

I am one-of-a-kind because I have a passionate love for my Wat Bot. Seriously, my water bottle is with me more than my bff is with me, and that's a lot because we live together. If you want to know the full story of my Wat Bot, here ya go.

Spanx is a life saver... and the one item of clothing that my mom steals from me. Samara and I were just discussing how some outfits give you confidence while others require confidence to pull off. Spanx is basically instant confidence!

My favorite family tradition is opening pajamas on Christmas Eve, after listening to days and weeks of my parents telling us "you're not getting pajamas this year. You're too old." Yeah, right, Mom and Pops, yeah, right :)

The last thing I do before bed is put on chapstick. I've weaned myself to not really use it during the day {these winter-y months are challenging my resolve, though!}, but I put it on at night after brushing my teeth. So soothing!

Happiness is laughter with all 4 sisters home. Staying up waaaaay too late talking with the bestie. Stories in the round. A good hair day. Painted toenails. Visiting my favorite Southern state. Painted nails. Phone dates. A new book.

And that does it! How would you finish these prompts?


6 comments:

  1. Bek: Love that you put multiple answers for the happiness one. Check mine out at www.thatssojacob.wordpress.com
    (That's So) Jacob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacob! Happiness is a huge part of life, thankfully. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. There is nothing like a brand new pair of pj's!! Won't you cry if your parents actually don't get them for you one year? I put carmex on before bed! That fresh feeling. Oh and painted toe nails is perfect happiness as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Angie! Yes, I will absolutely be despondent if ever a Christmas Eve comes without new pajamas. It's not even the pajamas now; it's the principle!
      Toenails and soft lips...what more does a gal need? :)

      Delete
  3. FUN!!!!!! I love your answers! Thanks for joining us, hope to see you back next week. P.S. I love new pajamas and gifted myself a pair before I went into labor with our son three weeks ago. I'm still loving them and will probably order another pair soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Nicole! I'm excited for next week :)
      New pajamas are pretty darn wonderful. Congrats on your new baby! :)

      Delete