Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Finish This: Week Four

Linking up with Jen at The Arizona Russums, Becky at The Java Mama, Nicole at Three 31, and Lisa at Coastal Chicster for another week of Finish This.



I use my "green thumb" to open the screen door as I look at Samara's potted plants. Sometimes I use my green thumb to wipe away a tear for what might have been. But then I come back to reality and recognize how many plants are still alive because I am not the one responsible for them.


The secrets to life are good friends, good food, good wine, and a great God. Bam. You're welcome :)

I get my money's worth by choosing quality, experimenting with making my own, and taking good care. Some things are worth paying more for higher quality {dress pants and high heels come to mind}, some things are worth making my own {laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, mojitos}. Taking good care of all these things should be implied {except for the mojitos - they don't last long!}.

On the scale of 1 to 10, my level of organization is um, high? I'm curious as to what number my IRL friends would say {cough COMMENT! cough}, and I would probably put myself at about a 7.5. Organized does not equal spotlessly clean, but I generally know where everything is and it's usually all put away.

I can answer this today much better than I could have yesterday, because last night Samara and I had a cleaning session, so my organizational conscience is feeling wonderful today. :)

A gentleman always protects. This sums up a lot about gentlemen, because there are so many people and so many facets to be protected. Also, my personal preference is for a gentleman to always smell good :)

Handwritten notes are the best! Stationary is one of my weaknesses - seriously, it needs its own column in my budget - and I love sending pretty notes to my friends and family, and I love receiving them. My address book is a few years old and probably has more white-out in it than a new white-out bottle, but it still works. Thank-you notes from my birthday were just mailed this week {same month - don't judge!} and I wrote each by hand. There's something lovely about taking the time to use a pen instead of a keyboard.

There you have it! If you want to finish these statements, give it a whirl and add your link here.

4 comments:

  1. That ecard is my life! I thought I was a black sheep for not having a green thumb, but the ladies in this link up sure are keeping me in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to call my form of organization "organized chaos" at times ;-) It doesn't look like a sparkling clean place to other people, but you know where everything is....Definitely how it is when I'm stressed out! And I agree about written notes. They really are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a gentleman to smell good and I like the idea of his being protective!

    ReplyDelete