Friday, January 10, 2014

Listen

Ah, Friday...usually the easiest day of the week, at least for us office-dwellers. But since prayer is not limited to the office, I'm not surprised that today's theme is probably the hardest for me to grasp. I think the Lord is saying today is a day of listening.


Listening to the Lord is hard for me. I'm a doer, so I'd much rather be praying and interceding. Listening involves waiting and silence and focus {ha, good thing we've already practiced that theme, right?}, and that is a difficult practice for me. Yes, it is a practice and yes, I probably should practice it more. So guess what I'll be doing today? :)

I'm listening for answers, for direction, for encouragement. I'm listening to hear God's voice deep in my being. I'm listening like Samuel; I want my answer to be "Speak, for your servant is listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment