Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Writing: Day One "I deserve a..."

"I deserve a dog, Mom."

I looked at my son with skepticism. His eyes pleaded with me while he extended his folded hands in a posture of begging.

"Why do you deserve a dog, Thane?" I asked patiently. Thane was always up to something, and besides, he had allergies galore. A dog was as out of the question for him as a gorilla.

"Ok, Mom, listen, here's why. One, I am old enough to walk a dog by myself. Two, we need a watchdog to protect us at night. Three, and this is important, Mom! Three is that I would name it Hot so that I could say 'this is a hot dog!' Isn't that great, Mom?!"

Thane collapsed into a heap of laughter on the floor in front of me.

Oh, my clever son. It's very great. And if your body didn't reject every dust mite it comes in contact with, I would agree with you: you deserve a dog.




**linking up with Victoria today at her 31 Days of Writing challenge! Join us!**

2 comments:

  1. You should list each day's prompt so we know which writing challenge you're tackling ;)

    ReplyDelete