Thursday, May 22, 2014

Welcome, Natalie!

Today I'm excited to introduce Natalie of "Here I Am, the Handmaid of the Lord." A little while ago, Natalie posted about growing blogging relationships, and a few emails later, here we are, "interviewing" each other!


So here's how this works: Natalie and I each came up with five questions and we each answered all ten questions. My answers are all over on Natalie's blog and her answers are below. The first five questions are Natalie's and the last five are my questions. I've really enjoyed corresponding with Natalie over the past couple of weeks, and I hope you enjoy this interview!

1. Why did you start blogging?  I honestly started blogging on a whim.  I read so many blogs that it dawned on me, wait I can do that too.  And almost two years later, here I am still blogging.  (haha didn't even mean to have a pun on my blog name)

2.  Dog lover? Cat lover? Both?  Dog lover all the way.  I grew up with dogs and cats freak me out the way they stare at you.

3. What is your current favorite scripture verse? Psalm 90:14 "Satisfy us in the morning with thy steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."

4. What is your favorite pair of shoes (picture encouraged)?  Now that the weather has warmed up, 85% of the time I will have my much loved rainbow flip-flops on.  If you haven't heard of these shoes yet they are leather flip flops that are constructed the same way they construct parachutes, so these shoes aren't falling apart.  I used to have a ton of sandals for summer, now I just have these, a pair of Birkenstock I picked up in Assisi and a pair of Chacos I got for a great deal on ebay and I wear for mission trips, hikes, playing outside and the like.

5.  If you could have any career where time being educated and pay didn't matter what would you do?  This is hard because I love being a nurse.  I think I would be a midwife right now rather than having to go back to school.   But if I were going to give you another career direction I would have to say event planner, caterer, or inspirational speaker.

6. Describe your family {big, small, loud, quiet, crazy, etc} I grew up in a family of four with my mom, dad, and brother who is four years younger than me.  I don't know if this has ever come up on the blog but I also have an older brother who was stillborn 19 months before I was born.  My mom was 39 weeks along when my parents lost my brother, Michael Stanley.  We like to play board games, spoil our two dogs, visit my grandma and enjoy dinners out.

7. If you had a whole day with no commitments or responsibilities, how would you spend that day?  First things first, I would enjoy my morning cup of coffee preferable on a deck or porch with scripture.  The rest of the day I would spend with friends, hanging out, Mass, hiking, creating meals, and hopefully a nap at some point.  It would include good conversation with deep roots.

8. What are your favorite books? If necessary, separate by genre.  I am not the kind of person who has a book they just can't get enough of.  If you want to look at some of the books I have read over the last year and a half check out the reads link on my blog.

9. What do you love most about blogging? What do you love the least?  I cannot get enough of the relationships I have formed through blogging.  They have brought more blessings to my life than I ever could have planned.  I also enjoy when someone informs me that something I wrote really inspired them, enriched their life and brought them closer in their relationship with the Lord.  It is because of those things that I keep going.  The things I dislike about blogging is the time it takes to actually write a post and when technology goes wrong.  I periodically reevaluate if I want to continue blogging and it is always at that time that one of those good things happen and I keep going and keep investing my time.  

10. If you could live in any location, where would you live and why?  Somewhere warm where I could have my flip-flops on all the time and not be cold.  This might be the lingering of the rough winter of 2014 talking but the idea of being outside in the warm sunshine with a breeze blowing is like pure bliss.

Thanks, Natalie! This was really fun, and I'm so glad that we got to do this. You can check out my answers to these questions on Natalie's blog. Thanks for joining!

P.S. In case you missed it, we are halfway done with Phase One of voting me to Rwanda! Please take just a moment and vote now! Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment