Friday, December 18, 2009

Disciples

When Jesus called out to His first disciples, before they even knew what they were getting into, what made them come? Was it that Jesus knew their names?

Did the term "fishers of men" ring true in their spirits? Was it the "ordinary man" thing, that because they were working with their dads, it meant that they had been rejected by other rabbis?

But what would make them walk away from all things familiar, right away? Was it such a deep hunger for something that they had to go, even though they had no idea what that something was? Did they ever think back to the first day: gosh, look at where I'd be if I had ignored Jesus. I can't believe that this was the awesome plan God had for me...this is why all that stuff happened to me as a kid- it was preparing me for this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment