Monday, July 7, 2014

Blogging Interview With Laura!

{Hey readers! Some of you may be familiar with Laura from A Drop In The Ocean - she is a really cool gal from my favorite coast, and we've been emailing back and forth for a few weeks. We decided to interview each other for our blogs, so today you get to read her answers on my blog and you can check out my answers on her blog. Enjoy!}

1. Introduce yourself! What's something you want these readers to know about you? What's your favorite color? Favorite book? Favorite animal? Secret talent? 

Hello! My name is Laura. I'm smack dab in the middle of college working on a degree in business management and loving life. My big family, sunshine, babies, and Nutella are a few of my favorite things. Red is my favorite color because it is intense and beautiful at the same time (except for when you paint your nails a crazy bright fire engine red. ew). I recently finished Something Other than God, which I really liked. You can check here for more books I've read. My favorite animals are the ones on my plate, my friends would tell you, because I'm not really a pet person. Sorry P.E.T.A. :-) I once tried to learn to play a jaw harp for a musical I was in, but that didn't turn out so well, so I can't think of a fabulous secret talent for you. Read on!

2. Bek and Laura are both involved in the pro-life movement. How did that start for you?

It kind of fell into my lap in 2011. After going to the Walk for Life that January, I started learning more about the whole movement, and couldn't believe that I had never known about it before! After needing to quit my retail job in June, I was searching for a job for months until I finally had to just stop and chill and wait. A job with Live Action came out of divine providence that fall, and I'm still writing for them today. It was a snowball effect since then, and it's become my life. I love babies. Like so much that I have a whole Pinterest board of them. Now I work with pregnancy clinics and hope to work myself up to managing one after graduation.



3. If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Hot molten lava cake a la mode. Could it be Nutella flavored?

4. Alright, break out the granola! Is there a hippie recipe or idea that you want to try but haven't because you're afraid of disaster/body odor/explosions?

Definitely deodorant. I've never found a regular one I really like, but in reading about natural ones people said they sometimes make your skin peel like a sunburn. Um, ouch? Peely armpits sound kind of bad! I've also been wanting to make hair gel with flax seeds but that didn't turn out so hot the first time.



5. Bek and Laura have been learning about each other's faith practices. What's something you learned from the other person that surprised you?

I don't know if surprised is the right word, but I thought it was interesting how important Jesus music is to some people. Before going to college I had never listened to praise & worship sort of music, but it's interesting to see how important that is some people!

6. If you could have a dinner party with any three guests, living or deceased, who would you invite?

Mother Teresa, William Wilberforce, and Martin Luther King Jr. I think I would die being in their presence, though :-)

7. What is one of your favorite quotes? 

It's hard to pick just one with a whole board of them, but this one by St. Catherine of Sienna is definitely one of my favorites:



8. If you could have a super power for a day, what would it be?

It would be invisibility so I could be a creeper and no one would know. MWahahaahahaha! Kidding :-) I do think it would be cool to be invisible, though, and do awesome things for people and learn about their lives.

9. What's something really hard you've done?

Doing badly in a class (and having to re-take it) would top my list as well as doing 5k's.

10. What's something you've learned recently?

The last year has taught me quite a lot, but especially to invest in relationships with people, forgive even when you don't feel like it, and listen more than I talk. You know what? People just really like to be cared about.

11. If you had a choice, what would you want to be remembered for 250 years from now?

I would like to be remembered for how much I cared about people I come in contact with, and for inspiring people to dream big, live awesome lives, and be authentically the person God made them to be.

12. What are some of your hopes & dreams for your future?

It's funny because 4 years ago I could never have imagined myself where I am today. Majoring in business? Um, ew. Gag. Working in the pro-life movement? Wait, what is that? I'll be interested to see where the future takes me, but I'd love if it consisted of continuing to work with families to make healthy choices and a family of my own. I want to live in a semi-rural area and own chickens and a cow and have land to have adventures on. I'd like to invite friends and family over once a week to have dinner together and experiment with lots of hippie products and coupons ;-)

13. What would an awesome day consist of for you?

I would wake up just before my alarm and remember to pray before I got up. Then I would have an awesome workout (preferably a group exercise class in zumba, step, or kickboxing), a hot shower, and have a lovely breakfast with a caramel latte. I would then write something I'd been thinking about, read in the sun in a hammock, go chill at the beach, and babysit a baby or two for someone. Then I'd come back and have a big family dinner (summer BBQ!) and play games and then stay up half the night having deep conversations.



Laura is a college junior who enjoys spontaneous dance parties (like this), staying up late talking about random things, and gittin' things done. She also likes to dress up in nice things and write provocative blog titles like things about fancy panties, dressing like a hoochie mama, or telling Jesus I am totes worthy. She likes weird things like making her own detergent, talking about controversial issues, and zuchini. Join in the fun over at her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment