Sunday, November 24, 2013

"The Moment"

Yes, I watched Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary yesterday. Yes, I'm going over to a friend's house to watch it again tonight. Yes, Samara and I have tickets for another viewing in a downtown theater tomorrow night. Yes, I know that I am beyond nerding out at this.

In somewhat other news, I finished the TARDIS purse! Here it is last night with the letters sewn on. For a refresher course, here it is in process. And for those of you who crochet, here is the pattern I followed for the bag; I made the Purse-Sized Tardis. I didn't like her version/couldn't follow the pattern to save my life for the strap, so I didn't follow it. Raise your hands, those who crochet, if you've ever just made up your own pattern. If you don't have your hand up, you must not crochet yet, because duh.

The strap was obviously not too complicated-make straight line for desired length-ha! I followed {roughly} this pattern for the letters on the strap and then I just sewed them on with a yarn needle. Shout out to Catherine for telling me of this magic tool I needed.

Pictures of tonight and tomorrow's costumes will come....after they are taken, obviously. I may be a fan of Doctor Who, but I definitely haven't figured out time travel. Yet.

Anyone have a good suggestion for my next crochet project? Paige, if you want your birthday scarf before your next birthday, I suggest you speak now or find a new way to keep your neck warm. ;)

Allonsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment