Tuesday, April 3, 2012

a title wouldn’t really be appropriate, because that implies that this post is only going to have one topic, and sorry honey, it ain’t happenin’ today

 Did you guys like meeting Dahlia!?!?!?! I sure did… of course, we met like 4 years ago…via email/her sister, and then we met in person like 2 months later, and yeah maybe it was slightly awkward, but everything that happens during an orientation is awkward, right? Anywho. Hope you all liked my dear friend, and if your heart desires to do something similar, leave a comment and we’ll make something happen!

Here in the lovely southern part of the country, we are experiencing nice weather. We actually were blessed with this gift right after Spring Break, and the sunshine is quite nice. The only down side: allergies. Any one else out there suffering? I feel ya. This is actually my first time ever having allergies, and it’s killing me, and Mom, I now totally understand why you don’t like flowers in the house. Jeepers creepers. Prayers {and rain!} appreciated.

This past month, I think I've been pretty crafty. For example, a friend and I got together and tore up, twisted, squished, and then rolled and glued some old magazines! We made beads, which ended up being re-purposed into artwork for my wall.

Another example: Sunday night, my dorm had a program called “T-shirt Up-cycle” where basically we cut up and made other things out of t-shirts, or we simply cut up and dressed up a t-shirt in such a way that it doesn't feel like a t-shirt anymore. I made a headband. Pretty awesome.

The point here is that I would love to take some pictures and show you all my craftiness {because I know there are some of you back home who are reading this in disbelief} but alas, my camera broke! *tears stream down face, completely from sadness and not from allergies at all* And no, I’m not just saying that. It’s legit. And sad. But anyway. You’ll just have to come visit me and see, or ask me to text you a picture. That’s right. You have to want it.

moving on.

Soooooo graduation is like in a month…. AUGH!!!!!!!!!! What is standing between me and that diploma {are they even called diplomas in college??} ? Well, let me tell you:
  • that special project in Crafts class---omg the things we did in class yesterday- you can actually tell what it is! Well, you can’t, cuz you can’t see it and you don’t know what it is, but you get the idea.
  • one final research paper. The research is mostly done; the outline is done; that thing is going down on Friday! 
  • one interview with “an older adult” for my PE class. This will hopefully be easy and fun!
  • management project. this one is going to be a lot of work, but it’s group work, and it’s actually applicable to work in the real world, so that’s cool. Plus we’ll be done with it in like 3 weeks… oh wait, that’s when classes are over. Shoot. 
  • one final test, for the capstone course. I’m done with that thing the day before my family gets here- can you say reward!?!?!? Super excited about that
  • two quizzes and a debate for my political communication class! one quiz is tomorrow, and the other is…some time. haha. the research paper is my final for this class, so yeah. it should be fun. I just have to do it. riiiiight.

There you have it. Bek’s list. git r dun!

A couple weeks ago, I got an email about joining an honor’s society. The initiation banquet is tonight, so that’s exciting. I don’t know anyone who’s going {yet}, but I've been told to sit with one of my instructors, so that’s my plan. This instructor is also my adviser, and this semester is the first time she hasn't taught one of my classes, so it will be good to catch up with her and visit for a bit.

Alright. I’m getting the roomie addicted to BBC’s Sherlock, so we’re off to watch another episode :) Samara, this is what exponential growth looks like, haha! In case you didn't know, my bestie is the one who introduced me to Sherlock, and we hit it off quite well. Or, as Sherlock himself puts it {when describing the great villain Moriarty}, “I pointed a gun at him, he tried to blow me up. I thought we had something special.”
on that note, I bid you adieu

1 comment: