Thursday, January 12, 2012

Random… I blame the first week back at school

So as I begin to get more deeply involved in the “blogging world,” I realize several things:

  1. I am a novice, baby, wannabe blogger… whew. Glad I got that out there, just in case you couldn't tell :-p
  2. 2- In the interest of privacy and not letting creepers figure out my super secret location or life, I think I should give more of myself personally and not the more “revealing” details that could be traced by mean sneaky people. If that makes any sense.
  3. I’m really not sure that #2 made any sense… sorry. I guess I’m trying to say that I want to let you in on my head, not my surroundings. There. Let’s go with that one.


Going off of that oh so special combination of 2 and 3, here is a list of random “let’s get to know Bek” stuff… and please, readers, I’d love to read your own “let’s get to know {you}!” Please comment, or write yours on your own blog. Let’s go community on the blog world! :)

Here goes my list:

  • I crochet…. but right now I've only made things from one stitch. My good friend who works at a library has ordered some books for me, so I should be able to do more {THANK JESUS!} and I’ll keep you posted on that venture. In the meantime, I’m working on a birthday present for my friend’s daughter.
  • Josh Garrels drifts in and out of my NUMBER ONE FAVORITE ARTIST spot…. he’s pretty much always in the top 5, but yeah… currently number one… told you this was random
  • My water bottle is called my “wat bot” as in it rhymes as in it’s awesome. Be jealous. I refill my wat bot at least 5 times a day… I love water!
  • Going with the naming theme…. because I prayed so much for my dorm to have air conditioning, when I moved in and found a lovely {ok really ugly but it was lovely to my sweat-covered eyes} air conditioner in my room, I was so thrilled that I named it. So Bob is my air conditioner, and Roberta is the hot pink fan that provides lovely {actually lovely this time} white noise at bed time. The fridge doesn't have a name. Neither does my phone. But if I had an iPhone, I would be tempted to name it like Jen did. :)
  • My roomie and I are actually keeping a list of why God made us roomies… I think we have almost 20 things on there now…. it’s an ever-growing list; some of it is serious, some of it is very not, and I’m happy to have it. And to have her as a roomie. She was the one who first taught me how to crochet!
  • Note that this list is NOT in order of importance; if it was, this would be number one- I LOVE Jesus. He is amazing. Jesus is becoming my best friend and boyfriend and soul mate, all at the same time. He’s THAT cool. One of my future posts will be about His recent conversations with me.
  • Going off of that… I switch gears quickly, ish. So be prepared for one post about books to read, another about abortion, and another on the random thing I overheard in the cafeteria. I believe that God has made me a person of depth and breadth, so brace yourself for the heavy and the light, the deep and the shallow, because we will go there. Or I will, and if you choose to keep reading, you can come too.

That’s all I can think of, besides one little detail that might make you all jealous. I’m ending this post so that I can take a nap. That’s right. I’m going to take a nap. Peace out, readers.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm a novice in the blogging world too. Still trying to figure that out. Oh, and naps are DIVINE.

    ReplyDelete