Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hello, it’s April!

Wow… I go home in one month. Praise the Lord!

I don’t think I mentioned this before, but I’m not going to London this summer. After much stress and deliberation, my parents and I believe that God is telling me to wait, and that perhaps my sis and I will go next summer. I’m totally at peace, and I’m really excited to travel with my sister. Yay!

So this past weekend, I read almost the whole book of Unplanned by Abby Johnson. I have approximately 50 pages left, and I’d love to give you my thoughts right now.

Abby joined Planned Parenthood because she believed that her work was actually reducing the number of abortions. She believed that her work was protecting women by preventing unwanted pregnancies, and that in the end we wouldn't need abortion. She and other women like her genuinely believed that they were doing the best thing they could for women facing crisis pregnancies.

Her introduction informs readers that there is compassion on both sides of the fence, and that both sides should look at the other and realize that we’re on the side we’re on because we believe we’re doing what it takes to reduce the number of abortions. She warned us that we would not find hateful people on either side of the fence, but that there are caring people on both sides.

At first, I was hesitant. Does she mean that we’re both right? If so, I’m not going to like this book. But it wasn't like that at all. Because she’s writing from the perspective of looking back, she can say what she was thinking at the time, and what she wishes she knew then.

This is an amazing story. Please look her up, and if you want, buy her book. You can borrow it from me if you know how to get a hold of me, and since I come home in one month, it might not be that hard. ;)
Enjoy April! Happy springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment