Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

So a few of the bloggers that I follow have posted some book lists, or quotes and passages from some of the books that they've read, or something they've learned from the books that they've read, and I think that I've represented my reading habits very poorly on this blog. I love reading, and I have a variety of favorites, but I haven’t shared any of them for a while {except my recent passion for Sydney Carton}. Let me give you a peek of my bookshelf right now.


  • When Character was King by Peggy Noonan {thank you, sis!}                           
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo {the unabridged version- I’ve been in it since June or July}
  • Lincoln at Gettysburg by Garry Wills- all about the speech Lincoln gave at Gettysburg. Remember that President Lincoln wasn't even the main speaker at the dedication!
  • just finished A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens. Sigh of contentment and utter happiness! I love that book… as my BFF just put it, the book is like an old and dear friend that I had forgotten, for a time, just how much I loved it.

This is a very short list, I know, but remember that college students sometimes have to put their required readings at the top of the priority list… breaks are for reading, that’s all I’m gonna say!

If you have any suggestions, please let me know! I look forward to reading your book lists, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment