Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I’ve been meaning to write about this…

New music: Josh Garrels! His album is really eclectic, with some tracks reminding me of the good ol’ South, and some making me choreograph in my head. My BFF introduced me to him, and his album Love and War and the Sea in Between is on noisetrade if you want to take a listen.

Book review: Return With Honor by Captain Scott O’Grady. It’s the story of an Air Force captain who was shot down while enforcing a no-fly zone over Bosnia in the 1990’s. Captain O’Grady tells his story with great details. There is an excellent balance of main story and background/biographical information. He is vulnerable and lets the readers in on his inner thoughts, yet we know he makes it out alive since he wrote the book. :) And this was an easy read, which is saying a lot, because military stories aren't that high up on my reading list. :)

Countdown: I go back to school in 11 days! Classes start in just 2 weeks, which is amazing. Sadly, I found 2 more textbooks that I need. I ordered one for a mere $0.01 (+$3.99 shipping), which is fine; the title was alarming, though: When Religion Becomes Evil by Charles Kimball. Um, ok. I thought that this was the teacher who was nice and easy. We’ll see.

The other textbook is about $90, which is more than I really wanted to spend on ALL my books, total. But because of faculty changes, I don’t know who’s teaching the class, so I can’t email anyone and ask about an older edition. Yet. I will. Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. And the third edition can’t be that much different from the fourth, except in price. :)

Congratulations: I would like to congratulate Dahlia on passing one-half of her teacher’s exam! Read all about it on her blog. Way to go, Dahls!

What I’m Currently Reading: The Shack by William P. Young. Again. Gosh I love how God uses that book to totally throw down all my previous ways of thinking. If you haven’t read it, I HIGHLY recommend it. For real. And I think that’s how I’m going to spend the rest of my evening. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment