Monday, May 30, 2011

Try Again

Alright, I do have an excuse. I know, lame, but blame my OCD. My dad has been using my computer, so it is downstairs. Now I know there is no reason for me NOT to trot my little self down and blog, but I haven’t. Sorry, readers.

I think I’ll just do an update, and not so much the 4 things I was going to attempt. My sister graduates in less than 2 weeks! Augh!!!! Things are a little crazy, getting her poster board done and accumulating pictures to put on a slideshow, picking out a dress to wear under her gown, etc.

Mom and Dad and I did yard work on Friday evening in order to prepare for the family gathering we’re having after graduation. I pulled out basically everything from one flower bed {we tease my mom about having a black thumb instead of a green thumb}. The yard looks much improved, and I’m glad we don’t have to worry about it too much more.

I finished Sarah Palin’s book and am now onto President George W. Bush’s Decision Points. It’s very well written so far, and it’s amazing to see how much influence parents have on children, how every decision one makes is linked to every other decision, and how God uses seemingly-insignificant circumstances to bring about His will. I love that about our God! He is just too cool.

My friends from my other church family and I are training for a 5k. The training calls for running just 3 times a week, and honestly, I need to run more. As in, not more than 3, but more in order to get up to 3. However, on a positive note, my running friends here ran 2 miles in under 30 minutes. I told my dad of this accomplishment, and he said, so what’s your goal? 3 miles in under 30 minutes? And I thought, hmm, that is a good thing to think about. First, I want to decrease this time for 2 miles… like under 26 minutes. So approximately 3 miles in under 36 minutes? That’s running a 10-minute mile, which is pretty good. I think I can get back into high-school timings, don’t you think? :)

My mom and I got pedicures last week, and amazingly enough, mine still looks good. Woo!

Well, readers, I did something yesterday with a friend that was on her bucket list. It was great. We took kayaks out into the ocean, and it was awesome. She had never done it before, but I had, and it was great to just paddle out into the vastness of the water and to enjoy each other’s company.

Speaking of bucket lists, my sis and I were watching The Black Stallion and The Black Stallion Returns and we decided that riding a camel is on our bucket lists.

Well, that’s all I have for now. Hopefully next time I’ll be posting pictures of the beautiful sunset from a couple weeks ago…hopefully. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment