Monday, August 31, 2009

Finishing my goals

Hello, dear readers. Well, as you can see, I did not accomplish my goal of writing every day, but guess what? There is an amazing song by Addison Road called "Start Over Again" that completely captures what I feel every single day. The song goes "It's never too late...to start over again...you can't change what you've done...but you can choose who you'll become."

So even though I haven't written every day in the past, that will not stop me from writing more frequently in the future. See, as long as I'm getting better at writing and I'm writing more often than I was before, I'm improving! When I made my goal, I started writing about the arguments against abortion. I don't really feel inspired about writing it, but I've learned that when I have the opportunity to finish something I've started, even if I don't want to, I should. Guilt is something that I continually have to surrender to the Lord, and the less I have to give Him, the better. I'm not saying that I'm acting independently of God; I'm saying that instead of allowing a foothold of guilt and then struggling over it and finally giving it to God, I'd rather finish the task and have it work for me, not against me.

So, the 2nd difference between an unborn child and a newborn baby is their levels of development. A five year old is more developed, physically, emotionally, and intellectually, than a 2 year old...does that make the 2 year old less human? I am more developed than that 5 year old...am I more human than the 5 year old? Of course not! Just because a child that has been born is more developed than a child that has not yet been born does not make the born child more human than the unborn!

The 3rd difference between a newborn baby and an unborn child is their environment. The newborn baby has just left the womb to come "into this world," as the cliche says. The unborn baby is still in the womb. They have simply changed "homes," so to speak. When I leave my house and go over to a friend's house, I have changed my environment, or my immediate surroundings. Do my surroundings affect how human I am? When you travel from home to work, does your level of human-ness vary? Of course not! Environment has absolutely nothing to do with how human you are!

The 4th difference between an unborn child and a newborn is their dependency on others. Newborns are obviously very dependent on other people for food, clean diapers, and comfort. They cannot do practically anything for themselves. An unborn child is the same way. It depends on its mother's body for food and warmth. Does that make them any different? Is one more human than the other? I have a 15 year old sister. My parents drive her places, feed her, provide a roof over her head and clothes for her body. She is dependent on them for a lot of things! Is she less human than my parents, because she depends on them for things? No, of course not! How dependent or independent one is does not affect how human one is!

Alright, readers, there you have it. The final 3 of the 4 differences between a newborn and an unborn baby. Consider them well, because the whole argument of the pro-abortion side is that an unborn child is not a human. But as you hopefully saw through these arguments presented here, there is really nothing different between an unborn and a newborn except for these 4 aspects; they are both human beings!

No comments:

Post a Comment