Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Finish This: Week Forty-six

Um, Thanksgiving is next week. Ca-razy!

Speaking of crazy, it's that time of the week to join our crazy-awesome hostesses: Jen at The Arizona Russums, Becky at The Java Mama, Lisa at Coastlined, and Nicole at Three 31.


If I could fly to any destination tomorrow, I'd go to Kentucky, no question. I spent two fantastic Thanksgivings with my Kentucky families, and I'm missing them a lot this month!
If I *had* to fly internationally, I'd head to either Berlin {again} or London. I hear that London during the holidays is amazing, and my eyes have only seen the inside of Heathrow Airport, so I'd go in a heartbeat. 

My best advice for traveling is be nice to the people helping you travel, no matter how tired you are or how delayed your flight is. Most of the time, the airline employees are doing their best to help you, and if you are nice to them, the whole situation is that much smoother. 
It is not the flight attendant's fault that the plane's windshield cracked in Denver; the passenger next to you may not know that his bouncy leg is preventing you from sleeping. Ask nicely, fake a smile, and focus on your destination!

I like to travel because I love both visiting old friends and making new friends/acquaintances on the journey. I also love experiencing places I've previously only ever heard of or read about, like Prince Edward Island or the Berlin Wall or Pompeii. Traveling makes me gape in wonder about the history that's happened in each place. 

That's a wrap, friends. Tune in next week for the Thanksgiving Edition - gobble gobble!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, London *swoon*. Oh Dublin, oh Bath, oh Windsor, Oh Stonehenge! Can't believe it's been 3 years since I've traveled to those places. Oh to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmhmmm!!! These prompts made me want to get on a plane! :)

    ReplyDelete