Monday, February 7, 2011

Just Something…

Lately I've been feeling that I’m lacking something, whether it’s an internal something or an external something, I don’t know. I think it’s because Jesus and I had a good, refreshing, challenging, and painful conversation the other day, but I didn't follow up with it, and I’m kinda hanging.

Also, I miss my family and friends, and I wish I could get to know more people, or people more, but I don’t want to look like a stalker or a tag-along or a boy-chaser. {I’m referring to both male and female friends, but obviously the boy-chaser thing is only applicable to guys.}

Blogs that I’m following have been updated a lot this weekend, and I figured I should do the same. So here’s what’s on my mind:

“The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, as that every child should be given the wish to learn.” – John Lubbock

Reading The New Testament: A Very Short Introduction is annoying, because author Luke Timothy Johnson is so obnoxiously anti-Christian. You would think that a) someone with THAT biblical of a name would be more polite, b) if you were going to hire someone to write a book about a religion, you would hire someone who practices it and BELIEVES in it, and c) a very short introduction would actually have short chapters. Unfortunately, these statements are not true.

We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow today… apparently this region actually has a winter season, and it actually lasts the 3 months that seasons are supposed to last. Who would have thought!?

I’m going to be working on a little surprise for my friends and family back home. It’s exciting, and I am looking forward to it not just because they’re going to be happy, but because working on it will be a break from school. Ahh!

Well, readers, I would appreciate your prayers today, and I will pray for you. Be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment