Friday, December 21, 2012

Funny Friday

Tonight my family is going out to our favorite downtown area. We will enjoy a dinner of tapas {Spain's dinner style} and then ride the merry-go-round. There might also be shopping involved; it depends on Dad's tolerance for all things female :)

Anyway, my sisters and I usually ask "how fancy is it?" and then we ask "what time do we have to leave?" and then we go and try on several outfits and raid each others' closets and take turns with the straightener and things like that. Sometimes we like to get Dad's opinion or advice on an outfit. This afternoon witnessed the following exchange:

Sister: Dad, what should I wear?
Dad: Clothes.
Sister: No, really, what should I wear?
Dad: I don't care.
Sister: Dad, really. Should I wear pants or a skirt?
Dad: Pants. I always wear pants. 


In the midst of all these going-ons, sometimes an article of clothing is misplaced. Voices are raised, fingers are pointed, drawers and closets are rummaged through, and Dad makes hysterical comments without even looking up from his book. He's been doing this father-daughters thing a long time. But I digress.

Sister: Guys! I'm missing my nice black shirt! Has anyone seen it?
*general silence reigns*
Sister {more urgently}: Sisters! This is my nice, long-sleeved, soft black shirt. Has anyone seen it?
Dad: Oh yeah, I think I wore that shirt for pajamas last night. 

Anyway, that's my Funny Friday. Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment