Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Message

I love the way the Message Bible puts things into phrases that most of us have never heard in Scripture. It feels like “street” Scripture to me, that any unchurched person off the streets could understand it. And I love that. As someone who has grown up in the Church, it’s refreshing to hear familiar verses in a new way, and to gain a deeper revelation from that same verse, just because it’s said in a different way.

All that being said, SheReadsTruth is going through Galatians. Here are a few of my favorite verses in the
Message translation.

2:16~ Convinced that no human being can please God by self-improvement, we believed the Jesus as the Messiah so that we might be set right before God by trusting in the Messiah, not by trying to be good.

2:19-21~ My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me.

3:11-12~ The person who lives in right relationship with God does it by embracing what God arranges for him.

Isn’t that great!? I heart the Message

No comments:

Post a Comment