Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Outraged

I’m reading the book Readings for Diversity and Social Justice, and it just plain pissing me off! All it has talked about in the first four chapters is how oppressed certain people groups are, and how the whole system of society is oppressive and dominating one group over all the others. AUGH!!!

This bothers me, first of all because it assumes a victim mentality, secondly because of its grouping of homosexuals with those who cannot change their life, and thirdly because even as the book says issues aren't issues until they’re issues, they are MAKING issues the issue!!!!!! The inconsistency is killing me.

Yes, I can understand that there are some people who have not been raised to show kindness to everyone, but at the same time there are people who make themselves feel oppressed. It so frustrates me that people agree with what this book preaches. I’m angered by all this perceived oppression and by the idea of privilege.

I am truly at a loss for words; all my emotions and passions and convictions have taken the place of coherent thought right now. I’ll try to be more verbose and thorough another time. Right now it is all I can do to simply finish the reading.

Please leave your comments and thoughts- I’m really looking for some Kingdom perspective here! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment